- Surviviors Jam 2020 - Celebrating A Tradition of Perseverence
Saturday, October 10, 2020
- Well, we had a great evening planned, actually a super excellent evening planned for you with some superstars taking the stage... well, that is until Covid-19 and emergency regulations derailed our evening. But putting the safety and peace of each of you first is our utmost importance, so the rock n roll music will play on in our heads and the live music will have to wait until 2021 or whenever we are allowed to gather together as music lovers and jam out. Ah, that will be grand. What was planned is the following. In annual remembrance of Hurricane Michael, Scamp Entertainment and the City of Panama City, partnered together with some rockin' partners, sponsors, and vendors to recognize our communities' perseverance in recovery. Together, we all celebrated at the Natural Amphitheater behind McKenzie Park...FireFall – For founder Jock Bartley, FireFall is a 40 year labor of love. Their layered harmonies backed by driving rhythms transcends many genres and brought the band platinum and gold success with such hits as “You Are The Women,” “Strange Way” and “Just Remember I Love you.” Has toured with Fleetwood Mac, The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, America, and many others.
- The Long Run – Reproduces the sound that made the Eagles one of the most successful music groups in Rock and Roll history. They capture the energy, guitar techniques and vocal harmonies of the Eagles to an art. It’s certain, you won’t hear a Tribute to the Eagles this great till “Hell Freezes Over."
- Loud Planet – Panama City’s own 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s Rock Extravaganza! Their music has the ability to take you back to a point in time and, for a few moments, allow you to experience memories, feelings and emotions.
- DENNIS DEYOUNG - The Grand Illusion 40th Anniversary Album Tour
Friday, February 21, 2020
- Scamp Entertainment was so disappointed when Hurricane Michael derailed out grand party at the Marina Civic Center. We saught every possible way to make it happen but ultimately refunded tickets and accepted the loss. But, we were not finished and so we spent endless nights working to bring Dennis DeYoung back and we did it on Friday Night, February 21, 2020 at The Saenger Theatre in Pensacola, Florida. Yes, we put this event on. Yes, rocked the house. Yes, we had a faboulous time. Yes, Dennis Deyoung brought the power to the stage and played his heart out for us. DENNIS DEYOUNG is a founding member of STYX and the lead singer and songwriter on seven of the bands eight TOP TEN hits. DENNIS is a legendary singer, songwriter, keyboardist, composer, and record producer with a career spanning over 40 years. His voice is one of the most recognizable in the music world today and continues to inspire new generations of fans.
- Survivor Jam
Saturday October 12, 2019
- With the anniversary of Hurricane Michael fast approaching, Scamp Entertainment and the City of Panama City, partnered together with some rockin' partners, sponsors, and vendors to recognize our communities' perseverance in recovery. Together, we all celebrated at the Natural Amphitheater behind McKenzie Park...there was one breakout music experience that Panama City had never seen before. The music of REO Speedwagon, Survivor, Fleetwood Mac and many, many others took to the stage while the vendors provided a wide variety of delicious food and unique merchandise. The concert was free to all and the memories made together are absolutely pricelss!
- Night Ranger &
Dennis DeYoung And The Music of Styx.
Friday, November 9th, 2018
- Scamp Entertainment, Panama City's classic rock connection, put a lot of hard work in planning the perfect evening of rock n' roll downtown Panama City, at the Marina Civic Center. We were so excited to bring Night Ranger & Dennis DeYoung And The Music of Styx to our town so we could see the legends and hear the songs we all have heard a thousand times on the radio or with a cassette tape, album, CD and the likes. Everything was perfectly planned for you... and then... Hurricane Michael decided to steal the show and crash the party. With the destruction of our homes and favorite businesses, to the rerouting of our free time and more, the challenges were fierce. The final blow was learning that the Marina Civic Center was too damaged to be used ever again. With the closing of our beloved venue it brought the curtain closed for this event. While Scamp Entertainment sat saddened with this unfortunate set of circumstances, we immediately went to work searching for a way to make the show go on. When it was an absolute no, we went to work refunding the tickets to those that purchased them. We were certain of the large sum of money we were out, but we were also certain in not letting that happen to those that support our events. While we are not creating any new mainstream events at this time, we are working on a Hurricane Relief event for the Bay County, Florida community. Please stay tuned... Scamp Entertainment is determined to rock you again real soon!
- America. Saturday, January 27th, 2018
- Scamp Entertainment, Panama City's classic rock connection, shook the walls of the marina when they brought America, to downtown Panama City for a memorable live music concert. The year 2017 marks the 47th Anniversary of perennial classic-rock favorite, America. Founding members, Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell (along with former band mate Dan Peek) met in high school in London in the late 1960s and quickly harmonized their way to the top of the charts on the strength of their signature song "A Horse With No Name." America became a global household name and paved the way with an impressive string of hits following the success of their first #1 single. Forty plus years later, these friends are still making music together, touring the world and thrilling audiences with their timeless sound. America's journey has found them exploring a wide variety of musical terrain. Their best-known tunes, which also include "I Need You," "Ventura Highway," "Don't Cross The River," "Tin Man," "Lonely People," and "Sister Golden Hair" were cornerstones of 1970's Top 40 and FM rock radio. Yet beyond their impressive catalog of hits, listeners would discover there was always much more to America than surface perceptions. The combination of Gerry Beckley's melodic pop rock and Dewey Bunnell's use of folk-jazz elements, slinky Latin-leaning rhythms and impressionistic lyric imagery contrasted well with Dan Peek's more traditional country-rock leanings and highly personal lyrics.
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas. Sunday, March 18th, 2017
- Scamp Entertainment, Panama City's classic rock connection, rocked the marina when they brought Starship featuring Mickey Thomas, to downtown Panama City for a memorable live music concert. Mickey Thomas is the owner of the soaring voice that propelled STARSHIP through the decades of the 80’s and 90’s. With his soulful and compelling vocals, MICKEY has established himself as one of Rock Music’s most recognizable stars. Mickey made his mark in 1976 as lead vocalist on the mega-hit “FOOLED AROUND AND FELL IN LOVE” with The ELVIN BISHOP Band. In 1979, Mickey joined the JEFFERSON STARSHIP as lead vocalist, after the departure of Grace Slick and Marty Balin. Backed by the power of MICKEY’S vocals, JEFFERSON STARSHIP immediately scored a #1 hit with “JANE”. With this new sound and powerful new vocals, the group was renamed STARSHIP and continued to record an amazing string of hits including “NO WAY OUT”, “WE BUILT THIS CITY”, “SARA”, and an Oscar Nomination for the #1 hit “NOTHING GONNA STOP US NOW" from the movie “Mannequin”. Other top hits included “FIND YOUR WAY BACK”, “STRANGER”, “LAYING IT ON THE LINE”, and “IT’S NOT OVER TILL IT’S OVER” which became Major League Baseball’s theme in 1987. Moreover, every STARSHIP album released since 1979 has gone Gold, Platinum, or Multi-Platinum. MICKEY’S stellar voice and video charisma on STARSHIP’s video classics such as “WE BUILT THIS CITY” and “SARA” have become staples on MTV and VH1!
- Three Dog Night. Sunday, August 28th, 2016
- Scamp Entertainment, Panama City's classic rock connection, was honored to bring Legendary music icons, Three Dog Night, to Panama City for live music and endless memories. THREE DOG NIGHT hits wind through the fabric of pop culture today, whether on the radio where they are heard day in and day out, in TV commercials or in major motion pictures -- songs like “Mama Told Me (Not To Come)”, “Joy to the World”, “Black and White”, “Shambala” and “One” serve to heighten our emotions and crystallize THREE DOG NIGHT’s continuing popularity. Boasting chart and sales records that are virtually unmatched in popular music, THREE DOG NIGHT had 21 consecutive Top 40 hits, including 3 #1 singles, 11 Top 10’s, 18 straight Top 20’s, 7 million-selling singles and 12 straight RIAA Certified Gold LPs. Since 1986, the band has performed over 2,200 shows including two Super Bowls. Tens of millions of THREE DOG NIGHT records have been sold through the years. If you missed this concert, you missed one incredible evening of live rock n roll!
- More to Come. We are a Young Company but Highly Energetic.
- Scamp Entertainment loves the live music lifestyle. We love listening to music of all types and appreciate the hard work that a band or performer brings to the stage. Our company's motto is "music is the soundtrack of our lives" and we absolutely relate to that and identify with it, too. Thanks for your support of the events we present to the Panama City, Florida community. Please stay tuned for lots more performances and visit the home page of this website to learn more about our most current up & coming event.